The DAMM TetraFlex PTT App is a smartphone application for secure business critical communication – utilizing LTE or WiFi
The DAMM® PTT App is developed, owned and maintained by DAMM Cellular Systems. It is a vendor and technology independent soft terminal, tailored for secure and private communication. No radio gateways are required; the DAMM PTT App is a purely IP based solution that operates independent of any radio infrastructure.
The DAMM PTT App can be fully integrated into a DAMM system, and can thereby be used with all DAMM TetraFlex Gateways and applications, like the Voice and Data Log system or Dispatcher.
The DAMM PTT App includes features like:
- Push-to-talk group-calls between other PTT apps, TETRA terminals and dispatchers
- Push-to-talk to bridged PMR systems connected via DAMM TetraFlex Group Bridge
- PTT-key on touch screen or via headset button
- Individual simplex and duplex calls between other PTT apps, TETRA Terminals or dispatchers
- Duplex calls to telephones connected via DAMM TetraFlex Voice Gateway
- Optimized bandwidth consumption using ACELP/TETRA voice codec
- Video Streaming to other PTT apps or DAMM Dispatchers
- SDS text messaging between PTT apps, Tetra terminals, dispatchers and other compatible devices
- Image transfer to and from other soft terminals and DAMM Dispatchers
The DAMM PTT App registers itself via any IP network, such as Wi-Fi or 3/4G networks, to the DAMM TetraFlex Terminal Gateway.
The DAMM PTT App makes it possible to listen to and talk in group calls, as well initiate or receive full individual duplex calls. Up to 7 different talkgroups may be scanned simultaneously, and it is possible listen to two audio streams at the same time.
Individual calls can be established by typing the user number, ISSI or unified number of the called party. The phonebook updates directly from the subscriber register.
Group calls can be muted/unmuted at any time and priority can be set between individual and group calls.